The Mediterranean Garden is considered one of the most popular and time -tested styles of garden landscape design. He has long gone beyond the boundaries of his historical homeland. Such gardens are characterized by a special assortment of drought -resistant plants and mandatory cozy recreation areas to protect against the scorching sun. Water structures and small architectural forms, such as sculptures, arches, pergola, grottoes, etc. are harmoniously combined here. Also if you have work on the construction of a personal house in parallel. Perhaps you will be interested to know the dry screed of the floor that is now relevant on the market. After all, this work is always a rays to entrust professionals.Plants for the Mediterranean Garden
– The most suitable plants for creating the Mediterranean style are: citrus fruits, pistachio and olive trees, palm trees;
– For the design of arches and pergool are suitable: honeysuckle, wisteria, climbing roses and clematis;
– If the garden is broken in a zone far from the Mediterranean, then the plant, common in the northern latitudes, will convey the necessary style well: the sucker is silver, its fruits are very similar to olives, and are edible;
– Typical Mediterranean cypresses can be replaced with varieties of juniper or thuja;
– Palm trees may well replace the tanning bags, leather bustle or the highest ailant;
– In the Mediterranean Garden, a prerequisite is the creation of a cut hedge from boxwood. In our strip you can cut traditional shrubs: spirea, barberry and turquoil.
The recreation area must be equipped in a shady corner of the garden, it is better under the natural protection of trees with a spreading crown. In such a zone, in addition to arches and pergola, you can use awnings, arbors, etc. The recreation area can be stationary and seasonal. For a stationary zone, you can use furniture made of tick or metal. Seasonal, more rational to purchase – light, plastic. Such furniture can be easily cleaned for the winter, in the room.
Creation of water structures will emphasize the Mediterranean style in your garden. These can be artificial streams and ponds, fountains and cascades. The presence of such a fresh and cool corner in the garden will serve as a pleasant place to relax and an original decoration.
Ceramic vases, flower beds and jugs are also traditional jewelry in the Mediterranean Garden. They can be used by various shapes, sizes and colors; Alone and groups. The following plants are perfect for such purposes: narrow -leaved lavender, petunia, thyme, yucca filament, pelargonium, etc.
The Mediterranean Garden can be created in any climate. Taking advantage of the advice proposed in the article, and showing some creativity, you can become the owner of a beautiful paradise garden.