Thanks to the development of blockchain technology, smart contracts appeared. This is the name given to programs responsible for performing certain tasks that require automation and mandatory execution. These algorithms need to be protected and the correctness of their implementation monitored. For similar purposes, Smart Contract Audit is used.
Features of the technology
Security checks use code analysis of the application that is responsible for performing the action. The program can be used for managing digital assets, including buying and selling tokens, working in real estate and many other areas affecting the use of finance and material resources. Execution errors in such situations can be costly, which is why Smart Contract Auditor is proposed.
The procedure can use two analysis options:
- Static, when the source code of the application is studied. The process is carried out before the program is put into operation to determine compliance with the rules and standards acceptable in the process.
- Dynamic, when an application interacts with data in its environment, performs a specific set of actions. The coincidence of the actually obtained result with the expected one is checked.
Blockchain Security checks are also carried out to avoid data theft.
Carrying out the process
CQR specialists offer to audit any smart contracts, identify possible vulnerabilities and protect applications from attackers.
The procedure is carried out as follows:
- The scope of work carried out is determined taking into account the customer’s requirements. A certain set of documents is provided, including smart contract code.
- Unit testing is carried out, which covers the entire network and identifies vulnerabilities.
- A manual in-depth study of the code is used, when all the details are reviewed line by line and possible errors are identified.
- Next, automatic testing is carried out on a special blockchain to identify security flaws.
- A final report is created, where all vulnerabilities are indicated and measures to close them are determined.
The CQR company guarantees the quality of the audit, complete anonymity of the work, and identification of all security flaws. The process covers all possible areas of use of the smart contract and avoids missing vulnerabilities.
In this way, the entire smart contract infrastructure used by the company can be protected.