Insulation of the balcony or loggia is a great way to increase the living area of the apartment. Today a huge number of various materials are produced that are very good for this purpose. Of course, before proceeding with the insulation of the parapet, floor and ceiling, the loggia should be glazed.
What materials are suitable for insulation?
If you want to make the balcony more comfortable, you should pay attention to materials such as:
– Extruded polystyrene foam. This is perhaps the most suitable insulation for installation from the inside. He is not subject to decay, does not absorb moisture, does not deform and takes up too much space. Such plates are installed quite easily and can last up to 40 years;
– Sprayed thermal insulation or polyurethane foam. This type of insulation appeared on the market not so long ago, but already managed to establish itself, as a very high -quality and convenient material in work. Another big advantage of this material is that it almost nonsense of the precious centimeters of the living quarters of the loggia. You can see all the advantages of this excellent insulation here – /
– Styrofoam. This material also maintains heat perfectly and at the same time costs very inexpensive. However, it is able to crumble and is easily ignited;
– Mineral wool. Just perfect option for external insulation. Differs with light weight, ease of installation, cheapness, non -combustibility. Its disadvantage is the ability to absorb moisture very quickly, while losing all its wonderful heat -preserving qualities. In addition, cotton wool is quite voluminous and when installing from the inside of the loggia “eats” a lot of space;
– Foamed polyethylene. It holds heat very well and at the same time is an excellent waterproofer, since on one or both sides it is covered with a layer of foil. Mounted by sticker on the wall. Practically no place. It is often combined with other insulation – polystyrene foam, basalt wool, etc.D;
The considered types of heat insulators are used when warming balconies most often. Of course, there are other types of insulation. For example, on the loggia you can use glass wool. It is not too expensive and has good working characteristics. However, it is not too convenient in installation, because it poses some danger to the light and skin of the hands.
How not to make a mistake with a choice?
Thus, if the owners decide to do work on insulation of the balcony from the inside, it is best to purchase that does not absorb moisture and durable polystyrene foam. In the same case, if there is the possibility of external insulation (more effective), it is worth using mineral wool. In some cases, it will be better to replace the waterproofing film with isolon, or another variety of foamed polyethylene.